Skip to main content

How to Apply

Apply for one of the following programs through the Graduate School website.

  • MA in Mental Health Counseling
  • MAED in School Counseling
  • Standard Certificate in School Counseling
  • Rank I in School Counseling  

NOTE:  Counseling Applicants are exempt from the entrance exam if you hold a previous Graduate degree or have a 3.0 Undergraduate GPA.

**Scores must be sent directly from the testing institution to the Graduate School Office to be official.  No waivers will occur until official transcripts are received by the Graduate School verifying the credentials.

You will be notified once all required information has been received by the Graduate School.   The information will be sent to Counseling Department.  Applicants are required to attend a face-to-face interview before admission with the following exceptions:

  • EKU Graduates who hold an MAED School Counseling and are applying for the Standard Certificate or Rank I in School Counseling
  • EKU Graduates who hold an MAED in School Counseling or MA in Mental Health Counseling program and are requesting admission for a 2nd Master's Degree Program within the Counseling area.

Still have questions?  We understand it can be confusing.  Please reach out to Dr. Mi-Hee Jeon, Admissions Coordinator,  Email is best!

Open /*deleted href=#openmobile*/