EKU School and Mental Health Counseling Programs
We recommend you review the CACREP website at http://www.cacrep.org/ to explore the reasons for and benefits to attending a CACREP accredited program but these include:
- Assurance of the quality of your academic program: recognition that the program has been evaluated and meets or exceeds national standards
- Streamlines the licensure application process: knowledge that the graduate has met prerequisites for credentialing and is ready for entry into professional practice
- Research shows CACREP graduates perform better on the National Counselor Examination for Licensure and Certification (NCE).
- understanding that the focus of the program will be on professional counseling, not psychology, education or other helping professions
- CACREP programs have been reviewed against professionally approved standards.