How to Apply
Application for Admission to Master's Programs (including Rank and Certification Programs)
Apply for one of the following programs through the Graduate School website. https://gradschool.eku.edu/apply
You will also need to submit a writing sample. Click here for the writing prompt and follow the instructions.
- MA in Mental Health Counseling
- MAED in School Counseling
- Standard Certificate in School Counseling
- Rank I in School Counseling
Click on the admission type that fits you on the left hand side of the page under Admissions.
NOTE: Counseling Applicants are exempt from the entrance exam if you hold a previous Graduate degree or have a 3.0 Undergraduate GPA.
**Scores must be sent directly from the testing institution to the Graduate School Office to be official. No waivers will occur until official transcripts are received by the Graduate School verifying the credentials.
You will be notified once all required information has been received by the Graduate School. The information will be sent to Counseling Department. Applicants are required to attend a face-to-face interview before admission with the following exceptions:
- Applicants for the MAED in School Counseling who are currently working in a P-12 school as a teacher.
- EKU Graduates who hold an MAED School Counseling and are applying for the Standard Certificate or Rank I in School Counseling
- EKU Graduates who hold an MAED in School Counseling or MA in Mental Health Counseling program and are requesting admission for a 2nd Master's Degree Program within the Counseling area.
- ALL OTHER APPLICANTS who are transferring into EKU from another institution are required to complete supporting admissions documents.
Still have questions? We understand it can be confusing. Please reach out to Dr. Charles Myers, Program Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Lawrence Crouch, Assistant Admissions Coordinator email@example.com. Email is best!