Department of Educational Leadership & Counselor Education
Thank you for accessing the Counseling Department website. We're glad you're here! While we strive to provide the most current and up-to-date information, we know you will have some unanswered questions. Please feel free to contact any faculty member, our graduate assistants at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the program coordinator Dr. Charles Myers (email is best). email@example.com.
Have admissions questions? Contact Dr. Lawrence Crouch, Assistant Admissions Coordinator. firstname.lastname@example.org
Who We Are
In a recent article, U.S. News & World Report ranked Mental Health Counselor #8 in Best Social Services jobs. The Bureau of Labor & Statistics expects job growth in the field to rise 20% between 2016-2026. Our faculty of counselor-educators are well respected in their field of study, having a strong history of national and international publications/presentations. They are active in their own specialized areas of practice as well, including marriage & family, grief counseling, animal therapy, and play therapy to name a few!
What to Expect
- A program designed to be completed in 3 years, or longer, if needed. (60 total program hours)
- A mixture of online and classroom classes.
- Personalized mentoring and guidance to help students make the most of their training experience.
- Includes courses in counseling, leadership, and research
- Provides a practicum and internship experience to help meet future career goals.
The Student Experience
The following 3 minute video will help answer student experience questions and bring a more clear understanding of what you may expect. Break out the popcorn and enjoy!